Monday 16 December 2013

Batman, Superman...Darth Vader... who am i kidding it's a Cosplay post!!!

Right. OK i know this post is  late but i have good reason. I have Christmas off. Not just that but a three week holiday. Now to get that i had to put in a boat load of hard work just to make sure that the department i work in was all up to date and there was no outstanding work that would need to be done. So now it is in the hands of my colleagues. We wish them luck.

So Merry Christmas and i hope everyone who reads this blog will have a Great New Year.

Now down to whats important.
I need to do some work on my Darth Vader chest armour. I plan to have the shoulder bells cut to size and in to a better shape. I also want to add a chain hook to. Once i have that done i can look in to repainting. Once the chest armour is complete i can move on to the helmet. There is a lot of work needed to be done with it. Apart from repainting it i need to add new lenses a new grill to the mouth. and i am thinking of reshaping the collar and get rid of the flare. But i am getting ahead of myself if i can get the chest ready for painting i will be happy. the helmet can wait for now....

I am thinking of doing a superman costume... Now stop laughing... i know i don't have the body for spandex but i think i can pull off the jeans and t-shirt look. So I'm planning on trying to do a Grant Morrison New 52 Action Comics Superman. But with a small twist with the cape. I want to do a 1978 Superman Movie style cape. I prefer the way that cape looks around the neckline. I found a great guide on the web site 
The only problem i see is that i will have to learn to sew. But That is all part of the fun... learning new skills and so forth... 

And that takes me to Batman. My brother has a Rubies Batman the Dark Knight costume. I will not lie it does not look great but with a little... who am i kidding . With a lot of work it should be an OK suite. He wants me to re-strap the bodysuit. That is not hard but i have to look into how i am going to paint rubber or Latex or what ever the costume is made out of. I wont paint the whole thing but if i add some different tones and some highlights then it should look a whole lot better... All That and i need to find a replacement Utility Belt. This this going to take more work than i thought... 

So if any of you readers have any advice please leave a comment and let me know?.

Hopefully i should be able to update this blog soon or at lest when i have some news on the Vader Armour. 
Now i think it's time to get some rest and i might try to do a little gaming i still haven't played Batman Arkham City let alone Arkham Origins.... I am so ashamed... 


No comments:

Post a Comment